Wednesday 13 June 2012

Facials and pretty manicures

Just recently my love of fashion has developed into the giant world of beauty and well being, which has basically come from my new found addiction to the gym (yes the GYM!) and the discovery of organic skincare brand Origins. Basically I've turned into one of these apple eating, Women's health reading, gym junkies... and I love it. Although the odd Galaxy crumble does occasionally find its way into my shopping basket, on a day when quite frankly nothing else will do.

A few weeks ago, a good friend who just happens to be the manager of the Origins concession in Milton Keynes, gave me a rather relaxing facial one afternoon and I was absolutely amazed by how delicate and soft the products felt on my skin, not to mention the glow.

To begin with she used A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser with white tea to cleanse and help detoxify my skin from any impurities and my eye makeup was removed with Well Off eye makeup remover. Next she began to exfoliate my skin with Modern Friction Nature's gentle dermabrasion, which left my skin smooth and glowing without the usual irritation from many other exfoliators I've used in the past. Now that my skin was clean and smooth, A Perfect World Age defence treatment lotion with white tea was used as a toner which hydrated and prepared my skin for the treatments still to come. A Perfect World White tea skin guardian serum was applied before Drink Up, a mask to quench skin's thirst, was smothered over my face and left for 10 minutes before being gently removed by wet cotton wool pads. Finally GinZing was used to refresh and depuff my eyes and A perfect World antioxidant moisturiser was used to lock in the the skin's moisture and hydrate it throughout the day.

Overall I was really impressed with the facial and already have a list of essentials that I will be purchasing from her. I particularly love the fact that all Origins products are made from 100% natural ingredients and essential oils, without the use of any parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, paraffin or any other intoxicating substances which are ironically designed to 'cleanse' your face of any intoxicants. Unfortunately they do come with a pretty hefty price tag for a student and so I've selected my favourite two products that I will use on a regular basis to purchase; the Serum and the Drink Up 10 minute mask.


I then went on to treat myself to a DIY manicure after the purchase of the new MaxFactor Max effect nail varnish in Cool Jade, Juicy Plum, Mellow Yellow and Pretty in Pink. 



So what are your recent beauty discoveries?




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these colours!!!! They are amazing!! Might have to go and buy some asap. Can't miss out on these.

    YP
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you really should.

      I think they were £3.99 each from boots... mini bottles!

      Delete